I offer a per word rate for novels. For all other texts, a project fee will be created.
For novels in the range of 40,000 to 50,000 words, the rate for proofreading is €0.015 cents per word(€1.50 per 100 words).
For developmental, line and/or copy editing, or if your novel falls outside the above word range, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
If you have a first draft and need feedback before starting the revision process, my manuscript reading service would be more suitable.
Direct links to novels on which I’ve worked can be found on my portfolio page.
• Error correction (spelling, grammar and punctuation)
• Fact checking
• Comprehensive feedback, both positive and editorial*, on pacing, characterisation, plot development and any other aspects of your novel that require evaluation
• Alternatives and suggestions where necessary
• A text that is edited and reviewed at least three times
• Up to five consultation sessions for discussion and revision (total time: three hours)
* About feedback:
I will always be direct with you about any corrections or issues your text has. No sugar-coating or avoiding the issue: just straightforward feedback and explanations.
At the same time, I will also give you as much positive feedback as possible. I will tell you what works: what is funny, witty, well-written and resonates with the reader. I believe it’s just as important to know what you’re doing right as what needs extra work.
Contact me today: email@example.com
* Voor mijn Nederlandse bezoekers: Ik spreek zowel Engels als Nederlands, dus u kunt voor vragen over schrijven en copywriting in beide talen bij mij terecht.